Wednesday 20 November 2019

PLANNING: TARGET AUDIENCE

I needed to plan on how to reach my target audience, I needed to know who my audience was. I needed to research their age, gender, ethnicity and social class. Also, I needed to know what their media needs were so that I could produce something that would gratify those needs. To market the movie, I needed to know ways to reach my audience. I will show how my research has influenced my planning by answering the question below along with pictures to help support my answers.

1. Who is my primary target audience?
- 15 to 35-year-olds (predominantly male)

2. What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer
?
- Baby Driver, Dunkirk, Darkest Hour, Kingsmen, Murder on the Orient Express 

- The Bodyguard, American Gods, The Grand Tour, The Boys

3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films?
Today an enormous amount of media is consumed on the ever-growing streaming services, which have proved to be a platform which a vast amount of income can be made from. This has resulted in other companies becoming interested in the market, companies such as Disney and Apple who have created their own streaming platforms with their own exclusive shows and films. 
Today people within our target audience would most likely use Netflix or Amazon Prime to stream their films and TV shows. However, they still have a passion to see a new film in the cinema as they enjoy the experience. 
In the technological world that we live in, the members of our target audience would find information about films through social media, what other people are saying. They enjoy the use of popular rating sites, like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic.

4. What brands do they prefer?
- Apple, Nike, Addidas 

5. What makes my film stand out from the competition?

- Our film calls back to an era of films from the '50s, giving an interesting spin of what people expect from films today.

6. Why should my audience watch my film?

- Our film creates a world in which everyone is after each other blending this theme of a thought-provoking mystery and blood-pumping action, mixing the themes that are found in films that are popular among our target audience.


1 comment: