Tuesday 13 October 2020

Welcome


Charlie Slorick
Candidate: 1770
For my AS production, I worked with Thomas Hutchinson (1733) and Alexander Wain(1779).

Editing: I assisted with the editing of our production, though the main role of editor was given to Thomas Hutchinson due to his experience and knowledge. I worked with Thomas as he edited the recordings, we would discuss what camera angels to use and how different transitions would complement the camera work.

Camerawork: I took charge of this role as I had the most knowledge behind a camera. When filming I would speak with Tom and Alex and ask them what atmosphere they wanted to be evoked from the scene and how I could do that with the camera. I used my knowledge I had gained from photography in order to adjust the camera's ISO and Aperture, to create a strong contrast and sharp image. 

Directing: All three members of our team divided the role of directing among us, as we felt we would be able to implement an equal share of our ideas that way. It would also mean the different areas that we all specialized would be able to come together, helping us improve the quality of our project. 



2 comments:

  1. Sophisticated film opening that playfully acknowledges film noir conventions through visual codes (such as detective roles, clothes and props), stylish sound codes (non-diegetic music, use of silence), subtle editing (monochrome coupled with special effects such as the cigar flare). This production is rich in detail such as three individual co-production idents (Tom's being the splendid Ignite Films), creative attention to camera angles and focus pulls, convincing settings (marina and boat), creation of local newspaper and last but not least, the hook that marks the cliffhanger at the end of the opening sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 excellent research & planning posts & preliminary exercises; thorough understanding of key concepts; varied & detailed relevant planning, creatively presented; sophisticated implementation of research. Additional construction posts reflecting on production process.

    ReplyDelete